Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Aspen Glow Quilt Along - Come Together!


Sponsored by: 




Welcome to the Aspen Glow quilt along!  Over the past three months, we've beeen putting together quilts based on our popular Aspen Glow pattern.  Join us any time and share your photos in our Flickr Group to be entered into drawings for fabulous prizes!  You can access any of the previous posts on our QAL Information Page.


Can you believe that we're here on our final post?  We'll be holding the prize drawing this coming Sunday, 11/23/14, so there's still plenty of time to post photos for entries.  You can view more information on how that works in this post.

After something like 4 bobbins of thread this weekend, and some awesome-afternoon-nap-sewing-time, my quilt is complete!  I extended all of my white borders by 2" each, just to have a quilt finishing at a solid 100" square- be sure to read the border instructions included in the pattern to avoid wavy, wrinkly borders!  

I'll share a photo of my finished top in Sunday's parade, but here are a few snapshots of the construction process, along with the beautiful willow tree that lives just beyond my sewing machine!  If you follow me on instagram, these will probably look familiar. :)


I finished pressing and clipping all the threads on my monster-of-a-quilt last night!  As much as I love this quilt, I'm happy that it's finally finished, and boxed up to be shipped to my long arm quilter!



This may come as a bit of a surprise, but with as many quilts as I've made over the years, I still have a comforter from Target on my own bed.  With the temperatures finally starting to drop here in the foothills, though, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I'll be to finally be able to snuggle up under it!

A quick note on our Parade post, scheduled for Sunday:  If you have a finished quilt (or quilt top) that you'd like me to share here on the blog, email me your photo, along with a link to your blog or flickr account, to CorasQuilts{at}gmail{dot}com.

No comments:

Post a Comment