Monday, October 27, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2014 - Spring Sampler


The fabulous Amy of Amy's Creative Side is hosting another edition of the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  As we're elbow deep in our Aspen Glow Quilt Along, I didn't think that I had much to share this time around, but a quick glance at my blog posts from the last few months reminded me that I had two favorites to share!

You can read about my Spring Sampler post for the Large Quilt category here.

This is my Spring Sampler Quilt.


I had the wonderful opportunity to design a sampler featuring Connecting Thread's Hampton Hues line.  I had been playing around with a few of my favorite blocks from 5500 Quilt Block Designs by Maggie Malone, just wishing that I had the time to make an entire quilt just for fun ... and just for me!



That desire morphed into the idea of a weekly quilt along for busy quilters.  Each week, I posted a tutorial for one of the nine, fun blocks below.  Each block could be cut and pieced in about an hour.  The idea was that no matter how crazy-busy our weeks were, it was important to squeeze in a little sewing time - just one hour - in the name of taking time to do something for ourselves!


Links to each instruction page are still active from the Quilt Along page.  You can see some of the other blocks made by our fellow quilters on our flickr page.

The quilt top was quilted by Darby of the Quilted Squid.  She picked a beautiful, flowing all-over design and a lovely iridescent thread that add just the tiniest touch of shimmer.


It's my {current} favorite snuggle-and-read quilt and the experience of forcing myself to do an hour of sewing each week was such a great experience!  I've gotten away from it lately and I totally miss it!!

Please be sure to stop by Amy's Creative Side to view all of the amazing quilts entered.  You can nominate and vote for your favorite Original Design Quilt starting November 1.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. good to see your spring sampler again, I did finish mine but did not realise the blocs should only have taken an hour, needless to say mine took twice as long but got there in the end!

    ReplyDelete