Monday, October 27, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2014 - Diana


The fabulous Amy of Amy's Creative Side is hosting another edition of the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  As we're elbow deep in our Aspen Glow Quilt Along, I didn't think that I had much to share this time around, but a quick glance at my blog posts from the last few months reminded me that I had two favorites to share!

You can read about my Spring Sampler post for the Original Design category here.

This is Diana - my entry for the large quilt category.


She features classic Broken Dishes blocks set against a crisp, white backdrop with coral accents.  The fabric is Honey, Honey by Kate Spain.  I had been hoarding several fat quarters for some time, and suddenly had the itch to take them out and play.  I made Half-Square-Triangles in sets of 8 at a time, and with a little careful planning, managed to assemble each block without any pins.


This quilt has a special place in my heart, as it was the first project that I did start-to-finish on the beast, and while quilt finishing is still not my favorite part of the process, it is WORLDS easier on a machine with a bigger harp space!  And this was no small quilt - it finished at 69" x 85".


And after a fun photo shoot at my favorite neighborhood park, she was boxed up and given to my very best friend.  In fact, the name Diana was inspired by the name of the bestie of my childhood {literary} best friend ... can you guess who that was?


Please be sure to stop by Amy's Creative Side to view all of the amazing quilts entered.  You can nominate and vote for your favorite Large quilt starting November 1.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so honored! When can I expect it??? :) I kid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is all behind these lovely quilts... the cotton fabrics

    ReplyDelete