Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Catching up

Hi friends - I realize that it's been awhile since my last non-QAL post, so here's a little glimpse.

I've been working like a mad-[wo]man to finish up two new wintery patterns that will both be debuting next month.

The first I can't share a whole lot of information about other than it features Snowed Inn, the fun new holiday line from Connecting Threads!  I'll be sharing my fast and fun project(s) in a guest post on the CT Blog in a few weeks, so stay tuned!

Snowed Inn by MaryJo Tuttle for Connecting Threads

My second project features the fabulous Snow Happens line by the amazingly talented Robin of Bird Brain Designs.


I have been diligently working and embroidering my little snowmen blocks for weeks, now and I'm happy to report that I've finished a grand total of ... ten.  Luckily, my mom loves embroidery work too, and gladly allowed herself to be roped into make a few more.  Between the two of us, our little snowman sweatshop, as my hubby calls us, has managed to finish half of the blocks I'll need for my sample.  It's too bad that he practically runs in the other direction when I ask him if he wants to learn how to embroider too.  :)


Hopefully, I'll be able to stitch like mad this week and have some more interesting photos to share soon!

2 comments:

  1. I do love quilts with embroidery on the snowmen look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited to see both of these quilts. The snowmen look fantastic!!! That Snowed In line is so bright and cheerful, very excited to see what you make with that one.

    ReplyDelete