Welcome back to our Spring Sampler Series! A big thank you goes out to Connecting Threads for sponsoring our quilt along and to Heidi and Cheryl, our incredibly talented pattern testers!
Just a reminder - we have a scheduled break next week, so we won't be sharing a new block in the hopes of giving people a chance to catch up and a chance for those of us making the lap-size sampler to start planning our extra five blocks!
Share photos of this block below in our linky party or in our flickr group. Each block shared between now and 7/24/14 is an entry into our prize raffle - US & Canadian residents only, please.
Always be sure to read through the entire set of instructions before beginning, sew with a 1/4" seam, and press seams as directed by the arrows.
Block 6 - Cutting Instructions
From the Background fabric (#2), cut:
1 - 4 ¼” square
From the Dark Print (#3), cut:
8 - 3 ½” x 2” rectangles
4 - 2 ⅜” squares
Choose 3 Vibrant Prints (#1)
From the first, cut:
4 - 2” squares
From the second, cut:
5 - 3 ½” squares
From the third, cut:
4 - 2 ⅝” squares
Choose 1 Neutral Print (#5), and cut:
8 - 2 ¼” squares, cut in half, diagonally
Set-up: Square-in-Square Block
Make four Square-in-Square blocks, using our tutorial, 4 - 2 ⅝” Vibrant Print squares, and 16 - 2 ¼” Neutral Print triangles. Square and trim blocks down to 3 ½".
Set-up: Flying Geese Block
Make a set of four Flying Geese blocks using our tutorial, 1 - 4 ¼” Background square and 4 - 2 ⅜”
Here we go!
1. Attach a Square-in-Square block to the top of each of the 4 - Dark Print Flying Geese block.
2. Attach a 3 ½” x 2” Dark Print rectangle to the right of 4 - 3 ½” Vibrant Print squares.
3. Attach a 2” Vibrant Print square to the right of the 4 remaining 3 ½” x 2” Dark Print rectangles.
4. Attach each of the blocks made in step #3 to the bottom of a block made in step #2.
|(sorry for the blurry picture!!)|
5. Attach 2 of the blocks made in step #4 to the left and right sides of a block made in step #1; repeat to make a second, identical block.
6. Attach the remaining 2 blocks made in step #1 to the left and right sides of the 3½” Vibrant Print square.
7. Attach the 2 blocks made in steps #5 to the top and bottom of the block made in step #6.
Sit back, kick your feet back, and treat yourself to a little something nice for finishing another block - we're pouring Dreaming Tree's Crush at our house this weekend! ... and then share your photos below in our linky party or in our flickr group!
We're off next week, so see you back in June!!