Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pioneer Quilt Guild Show - 11/10/13

Over the weekend, Mom and I had the chance to attend the Pioneer Quilt Guild's Annual Quilt show.  It was our first time attending, and we had a great time checking out all the lovely quilts.  I managed to snap a few photos of my favorites, but unfortunately the overhead lighting (the show was held in a gymnasium) left an unsightly glare at the top of some of the pictures.  Boo!

This quilt, called "Cabins in the Northwoods" was made by Martha Overman and Quilted by Sheila Meehan.  It features adorable woodsy applique over a traditional flannel Log Cabin pattern - I can just imagine snuggling up with it in front of a roaring fire in a Tahoe cabin, with the snow falling outside!


I love Christmas quilts featuring Redwork embroidery, so this quilt by Diana Meier caught my eye right away!  She adapted the blocks from machine embroidery patterns and had the quilt hand-quilted by Amish Quilting Service. Check out those little Christmas trees quilted in the borders - love it!!


"Garden of Lilies" was also pieced by Diana Meier and was quilted by Margo Wilson.  I loved seeing some of my favorite Fig Tree & Co prints thrown in, and the little bits of appliqued stems and leaves were so beautiful and delicate!


This "In From The Cold" quilt {made with my favorite 2013 holiday line!} bu Halli Tucker was so festive and fun.  It's really hard to tell in my picture, but the quilting (also done by Halli) is this adorable little snowflake pattern.  Love!


Last up is "Autumn Rose," pieced and quilted by Denise Long.  The beautiful fall prints in the borders do such a fantastic job of drawing your eye to the center medallion.


While the Pioneer Quilt Guild show is over for 2013, there's still plenty of quilty action in Sacramento this coming weekend with the  River City Quilt Guild Show at the Scottish Rite Temple - more information is available here.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment