Friday, November 8, 2013

A Friday Finish!

Well, despite having a household infected by the nasty cold bug that seems to be making its way around, I managed to fix the sashing on my Out to Sea quilt, and add the two outer borders.

I can't tell you how much I'm in love with this quilt!  It's perfect for the family's newest little princess and her under-sea nursery!  {I just wish the sun would come out a bit more, so that I can get a better picture!}


I'm using the large scale map print for the backing ...


... and can get started on the quilting just as soon as my new quilt labels arrive - more on them next week.  But for now, I'm off to snuggle with two snotty boys on the couch for a Curious George marathon ... and hopefully some naps ...

Luckily, I just purchased Pride & Prejudice via Amazon Instant Video, so I can indulge on the iPad once they're asleep.



Head on over to Crazy Mom Quilts to see some more fun Friday finishes.  Happy sewing!

9 comments:

  1. The top is so cute! Just love the fabric, especially that back map...very cool! Hope you all are well soon, my family just had a bug going around and around for 2+ weeks. No fun :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the quilty love LisaAnn! According to friends, this cold seems to have a life of 3 weeks or more. Hope you and yours are on the mend very soon!

      Delete
  2. Super cute quilt. Love the idea of that big map on the back too.
    Huge fan of P and P marathons when I don't feel well too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris - the map was just too pretty not to include! P&P marathons with a cozy blanket are the best!

      Delete
  3. Very cute! Very fun, especially that map!

    Hope the sniffles dry up at your house very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! The map print is so great! We're almost sniffle free ... so hopefully there's so more sewing in my near future!

      Delete
  4. Lovely pinks. I also love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete