Monday, October 14, 2013

This Week's WIP

I've finally managed to complete half of my Flurry blocks, in spite of some gorgeous fall weather and the call of the outdoors ... which is why this picture was taken on my patio table and not on my design wall. :)

Pattern: Flurry ... Fabric: Patchwork Indigo
I have 13 blocks finished, and another 12 to go in second color-way.  The blocks will be joined by a pieced border, but I'm hoping that it won't take tooo long to finish.  I'm eager to add this one to the finished list and send it off to be quilted.

I've decided that this will be the first quilt I'm sending off to a Long Arm quilter.  As quilting the top is really my least favorite part of the whole process.  I hardly have any sewing time as it is, and my little, tiny machine is just not equipped to handle anything larger than a baby quilt.

I'm hoping to find a local Long Arm quilter {Sacramento and surrounding areas}, not only to save on shipping costs, but to support local artists.  If you have any recommendations, please leave me a comment or send me an email: CorasQuilts{at}gmail{dot}com.

*     *     *     *     *

On a fun note, I brought my camera to the park this morning to try and capture some better pictures of my fall quilts.  I'm getting a little tired of shooting against the same old fence panel in my back yard.  Happily, Littlest Monkey managed a quick nap in the stroller while Daddy and the almost-two-years-old-not-so-little Monkey had fun on the slides


This is Stroll!



She was officially introduced a few weeks ago, but I'm happy to share her again with some better pictures.



She's a quick little fall project that can with just a single Charm pack and a little bit of yardage.


Love those gorgeous Fig Tree fall colors!!


I was inspired by Anita over at the Connecting Threads blog to branch out from my typical straight line quilting, and experiment with a little free motion stippling.  I have to say, it went much ore smoothly than expected and I'm please with the overall effect.

Here are the quilt stats:
Pattern: Stroll by Cora's Quilts
Fabric: Honeysweet by Fig Tree & Co.
Finished Size: 30" x 30"

The pattern is currently available in our Etsy and Craftsy shops.  It includes instructions for making both the 30" Charm Square table-topper quilt, and a 73" Layer Cake lap quilt.


We currently also have a small number of quilt kits featuring the fabric used in our sample available as well.

*     *     *     *     *

Linking up with these sites this week - be sure to stop by and say hello!



5 comments:

  1. Awe, it looks great...and I think your quilting looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Stroll pattern! The fabrics are really pretty and go well with each other! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete