Sunday, September 1, 2013

Introducing ... Aspen Glow by Cora's Quilts

I'm so happy to finally be able to introduce ...

Aspen Glow




When I first saw “Winter’s Lane” - the gorgeous Christmas line by Kate & Birdie Paper Co. for Moda - it immediately reminded me of the beautiful, foggy Christmas Eve nights that we seem to always have here in the Sacramento valley.  We spend the evening with my husband’s extended family, making merry far into the night, and then enjoy a quiet drive home in the wee hours of Christmas morning while listening to my all-time favorite Christmas song, “Aspen Glow” by John Denver.  




There is just something magical about the quiet beauty of the song, coupled with the fog-muted glow of the neighborhood Christmas lights.  My hope is that this quilt pattern captures a small bit of that beauty and serenity.

The pattern is finally available for download through our Etsy and Craftsy stores.


The pattern contains includes instructions for making three different quilt sizes in 22 pages of detailed instructions and full color diagrams.



A very limited number of quilt kits are available in our Etsy shop, as well.



We love to see your finished projects!  Be sure to share them in our Flickr Group or on Instagram using #CorasQuilts.

11 comments:

  1. It looks lovely Cora. I especially like the balance in the lap size pattern.

    There is an error in the graph of the lap size - top right hand block you have miscoloured one of the little white rectangles with the grey print - or is it a humility piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! Just uploaded an old photo in error. She's all better now - thanks for the sharp eyes!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty pattern! Love the piecing and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I love this. My mother wanted me to make a quilt for her with Winter's Lane and I was racking my brain trying to think of a pattern. I'm so glad I saw this!!!! I will definitely be getting the pattern. Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning pattern Cora! I love the Winter's Lane too, I made a table topper with it. Oh, if there were enough hours in the day! I would love to make this. Breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I feel like I should see frost on the windows and drink hot chocolate! I'll be sure to check out your pattern on Etsy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty quilt. The quilting outlining the star is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely. It just screams of winter (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous!! Just hopped over here from Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday and saw the name of your company. My oldest's name is Cora after her great great grandmother (who she met!!!). Blessings!! - Sally at Sally's Angelworks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I came over from Lilabelle Lane. This is GORGEOUS - and definitely going on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete