Monday, September 9, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Before I forget: Aspen Glow Kits are back in stock.  Hooray!  Available here.



Shiloh is back on the design wall today!



She's one of those projects that I always think will be a quick and easy finish when I sit down to work ,,, but then the paper piecing corners get monotonous ... and my crafting ADD takes me on to another project.  I'm determined to get her finished in the next week or two, though!

I'm still waffling on whether to sash or not to sash.



Over the weekend, Lynn suggested looking at the quilts in black and white to help make my decision:


Great advice!  Seeing it without color made me realize that while I like the quilt without the sashing blocks, I love how the quilt with the sashing adds a secondary floral pattern.  To me, it really adds a softness to the blocks that I really love!  I think, also, that because the blocks are actually made from a multitude of prints, not just a few as in the mock-up, the white sashing will add a bit of balance so that the colors and prints aren't overwhelming.

I'm linking up this week with these sites.  Be sure to stop by and see all the great projects happening in blogland.  Happy sewing!


1 comment:

  1. You are right about the sashing. With sashing it is more interesting. Keeps your eyes focused! Love to see it finished!
    Keep quilting, love from Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete