Tuesday, August 27, 2013

She's almost finished!


"Aspen Glow, " featuring Winter's Lane by Kate & Birdie Paper Co,  is almost finished!  Thanks to two fantastic nappers today, I managed to finish the quilting and attach the binding.

If you've been following me for awhile, you'll know that I'm rather a minimalist when it comes to quilting.  I typically favor straight-line quilting, echoing the blocks, which is what I chose for this quilt as well.  In all honesty, quilting the top is my least favorite part of the process, so I'm happy that this one went rapidly, without any fiasco. I wanted to give it just enough movement around the flower blocks to make them pop, while creating a bit of illusion around the square blocks to give them a bit of a woven look.  I can't tell you how much I love, love, LOVE the finished prouct!

I'm planning on sewing the binding down in front of the TV tonight, while catching up on my trashy Bravo shows and maybe a couple of episodes of our new favorite Netflix series, "Orange is the New Black."

Patterns and kits will be available in the shops this weekend, but you can email me at CorasQuilts{at}gmail{dot}com to reserve a kit or to be on the notification list when then pattern goes live.  The pattern is 22 full color pages, and includes instructions for making a wall-hanging, lap size quilt, and queen size quilt.  More pictures can be seen this post.

Meanwhile, be sure to swing by Fabric Tuesday @ Quilt Story and WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced for more inspiring projects!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt! Such pretty fabric and color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just awesome, and I think your quilting is just the right touch and style for your quilt. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a beauty! The pattern you have made, the quilting and your choice of fabrics are all brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you and this pattern! It's awesome, and the colors you chose really add to it. My favorite part is the quilting, sometimes I just want to rush to the part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! Gorgeous color pallette!

    ReplyDelete